DEADLINE: Friday, March 17 @ 5:00pm
The award winning National Lentil Festival is seeking an Event Coordinator Intern. This internship will provide hands on experience in: event planning, event management, on-site production, public relations and media relations while working on the National Lentil Festival and Pullman’s Fourth of July Celebration. This is a paid internship opportunity.
- Be available to work all hours of the National Lentil Festival Aug. 18-19, 2017 as well as Pullman’s Fourth of July Celebration July 4th, 2017.
- Be available to work a minimum of three after hour events, not including the events listed above.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Work with the National Lentil Festival Director to plan and coordinate all aspects of the festival which include, but are not limited to: volunteers, merchandise, special event permits and licenses, event promotion and marketing, parade, 5K Fun Run, Lentil Marketplace, Lentil Lane Food Court, entertainment, etc.
- Work with the National Lentil Festival Director to develop the festival’s public relations campaign and ensure all materials are completed within deadlines.
- Help write press releases for the event to local, regional and national media.
- Help manage social media and online promotions.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a degree in Hospitality Business Management, Communications/Public Relations, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as proof reading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Superb customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Previous event experience preferred, but not required.
Prospective candidates need to be available May 8th – August 25th, 2017. Hours will vary per week, increasing closer to the National Lentil Festival.
A bulk of the work will be completed at the offices of the Pullman Chamber of Commerce. The Festival will take place in Reaney Park and Spring St. Pullman’s Fourth of July Celebration will be held at Sunnyside Park. There may be other events held in the Pullman area.
- Submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to: Britnee Packwood– firstname.lastname@example.org