The 2017 Legendary Lentil Cook-off is now closed. Thank you to all who have entered submissions! We are now in the process of pre-judging, so stay tuned for our top 5 to be announced!
2017 Top 5 Finalists and recipes, in no particular order:
- Areli Biggers from El Paso, TX: Lentil Loaded Lazy Lasagna
- Vivian Levine from Summerfield, FL: Red Lentil Pumpkin Shake
- Lori Freer from Ithaca, NY: Coconut Almond Sweet Potato Granola with Crispy Lentils
- Susan Bickta from Kutztown, PA: Hearty Lentil, Bacon & Barley Soup
- Daljeet Singh from Coral Springs, FL: Lentil-Cornmeal Dumplings in Lentil Broth
2017 People’s Choice Award Tasting Rules:
– The first 100 festivalgoers in line at the Gazebo Stage at 3pm on Saturday will receive a token good for a tasting of each of the top 5 recipes
– You must taste all 5 recipes
– Place your token in the bucket labeled with your favorite recipe
– The recipe with the most tokens will receive the People’s Choice Award
– Some recipes contain gluten and meat
– Ages 13 and older may taste
Congratulations to our 2016 Winners!
All 109 recipes are available in the 2016 Legendary Lentil Cook-off cookbook printed by Moscow-Pullman Daily News. The 2016 cookbook is available for $5 at the Pullman Chamber of Commerce office or on our online Shop! We can also ship your cookbook for an additional $3.00.