2016 top five finalists and recipes, in no particular order:
- Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew, submitted by Robin Seletsky of Oneonta, NY
- Chipotle Honey Lentil and Red Pepper Dip submitted by Fiona Green of Keller, TX
- Lentil Crusted Fried Chicken Breast w/ Spicy Lentil Sauté, submitted by Christopher Morrill of El Paso, TX
- Lentil & Bacon Deviled Eggs, submitted by Suzanne Gerrety of Jacksonville, FL
- Oma’s Luscious Lentil Bake submitted by Deanna Gilmore of local Moscow, ID
2016 People’s Choice Award Tasting Rules:
– The first 100 festivalgoers in line at the Gazebo Stage at 3pm on Saturday will receive a token good for a tasting of each of the top 5 recipes
– You must taste all 5 recipes
– Place your token in the bucket labeled with your favorite recipe
– The recipe with the most tokens will receive the People’s Choice Award
– Some recipes contain gluten and meat
– Ages 13 and older may taste
Congratulations to our 2016 Winners!
All 109 recipes are available in the 2016 Legendary Lentil Cook-off cookbook printed by Moscow-Pullman Daily News. The 2016 cookbook is available for $5 at the Pullman Chamber of Commerce office or on our online Shop! We can also ship your cookbook for an additional $3.00.