In 2017, the National Lentil Festival donated more than $7,000 back into the Palouse Regional Community. Through event proceeds we were able to give back to the following organizations:
- Pullman High School Key Club
- Whitman County Humane Society
- The Rotary Club of Pullman
- Community Action Center
- YMCA of the Palouse
The National Lentil Festival also worked with the WSU Center for Civic Engagement and Community Action Center to recover nearly 900 pounds of lentil chili from Friday night’s chili feed. The food was then repackaged in the Community Action Center’s commercial kitchen and then redistributed to area food banks and families in need. This was the second year of the recovery partnership, and we are pleased to see this partnership continue to grow and be successful!
- Lentil Fest partnered with Feed Children Everywhere and Decagon Devices, Inc. (now Meter) to package 25,000 meals that were distributed locally to Backyard Harvest.
- Lentil Fest partnered with Feed Children Everywhere and Decagon Devices, Inc. (now Meter) to package 25,386 meals that were donated to Second Harvest.